The Project Repository Journal (PRj) Right and Permissions
The author(s) retains copyright to individual PRj articles, and the European Dissemination Media Agency Limited (EDMA) holds the copyright to the collective work and retains an exclusive License to Publish these. For open access articles, EDMA retains a nonexclusive License to Publish, and these articles are distributed under either a CC BY-NC-ND or CC BY license.
Under open access conditions, WORK can be reused with additional restrictions.
- Use of PRj material must not imply any endorsement by PRj or EDMA.
- The full journal reference must be cited.
Additional information and answers to frequently asked questions about author rights and permissions are available below in The Project Repository Journal (PRj) License to Publish Open Access CC BY-NC-ND and on our FAQ page.
PRJ authors need not obtain permission for the following cases:
- to use their original figures or tables in their future works;
- to make copies of their articles for their own personal use, including classroom use, or for the personal use of colleagues, provided those copies are not for sale and are not distributed in a systematic way;
- to include their articles as part of their dissertations; or
- to use all or part of their articles in printed compilations of their own works.
- Sharing the URL of a PRj article does not require permission.
- Text and data mining are permitted for non-commercial institutions. Other requests should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: PRj cannot supply licences to stock artwork.
The Project Repository Journal (PRj) License to Publish Open Access CC BY-NC-ND
- Ownership of the copyright in the WORK—including but not limited to figures, tables, artwork, abstracts, supporting information, cover images, and summaries submitted with the WORK—remains with the author(s), subject to the terms and conditions below.
- The author(s) reserves the right on acceptance for publication of the WORK in PRj to deposit his or her accepted manuscript in the author(s)’s funding body’s archive or designated non-commercial institutional repository, provided that a link to the WORK in PRj is included; and the right to request public access upon publication. (NOTE: PRj automatically deposits the PRj-formatted version of all papers in the PRj online repository and CrossRef.)
- In consideration of the publication of the WORK in PRj, the author(s) hereby grants to the European Dissemination Media Agency Limited (EDMA) for the full term of copyright and any extensions thereto an irrevocable nonexclusive, license to publish, reproduce, distribute, transmit, display, store, translate, create derivative works from and otherwise use the WORK in any language or in any form, manner, format, or medium now known or hereafter developed without limitation throughout the world, and to license others to do any or all of the above. In the event that the WORK is not published with PRj for any reason, this license shall be terminated.
- The author(s) agrees not to assign exclusive rights with respect to the WORK to any other party. The author(s) agrees to credit the first publication of the WORK in PRj.
- The author(s) acknowledges and agrees that PRj will apply the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives International Public License (CC BY-NC-ND) to the published WORK, which will serve as a grant of rights from the author(s) to such users.
- The CC BY-NC-ND license allows users to use the WORK on a noncommercial basis without seeking permission from the author(s) or PRj subject to the condition that no derivative works may be created by users. The resulting work must be made available under the same terms and must include a link to the CC BY-NC-ND License. The full description of the current CC BY-NC-ND License may be found at https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/legalcode.
- The author(s) acknowledges and agrees that use of the published version of the WORK by the author(s) shall be subject to the terms of the CC BY-NC-ND License described above. After the publication of the WORK in PRj, the author(s) may make all uses of the WORK permitted by the CC BY-NC-ND license subject to all conditions of that license.
- By Submitting WORK to the PRj, the author(s) warrants that the WORK is original research by the author(s), that all the facts it contains are true and accurate, that it does not infringe upon any copyright, proprietary, or personal right of any third party, and that permissions have been obtained and are attached for any portions of the WORK owned or controlled by a third party.
- On behalf of all authors, the corresponding author authorises the publication of the WORK in PRj under terms equivalent to those provided for in the license and agrees to all of the warranties specified in the license.